- You should pick dark chocolate that contains at least 70 percent cocoa “the higher the cocoa percentage the more health benefits the chocolate contains”.
- The label on your chocolate should also say non- or lightly alkalized or non-dutched. And if you’re eating the stuff for health benefits, skip white and milk chocolate.
- Few as 30 calories of flavanol-rich dark chocolate lowered blood pressure. “Enjoy a couple of individually wrapped squares of your favorite chocolate to keep the calories in check.
- When cocoa beans are converted into chocolate bars, they can lose much of their antioxidants which is why she recommends drinking cocoa with skim milk. Plus it’s a great mood-boosting food.
- Dont worry too much about the caffeine in chocolate.